TERMS & CONDITIONS
This website is operated by Las Terrazas Complex, constituted by Public Writing number 2039, from August 1st, 1994, and First Inscription of the Central Record of Anonymous Companies and Second Trading Inscription of Havana number 000354 Las Terrazas Complex provides the products and services to you subject to the following terms and conditions. Please read these terms and conditions of use (“Terms and Conditions”) before using this website (“site”). You consent to these Terms and Conditions when you use this site. If you disagree with any part of the Terms and Conditions, you may not use this site in any way.
CONDITIONS SPECIFIC TO HOTEL BOOKINGS
ACCOMMODATION AND RATES
Moka hotel will provide accommodation to the person under whose name the reservation was made (considered the “lead passenger”), and to accompanying persons as per the exact amount of adults and children booked into each room. The lead passenger must be present at the time of check-in, and all guests must present a valid passport. The number of guests in each room is limited to the number of beds provided by the hotel.
Accommodation is usually available from 16:00 hrs on the day of arrival and must be vacated by 12:00 hrs on the day of departure.
Moka hotel reservations require payment in advance. Your credit card will be debited within 24 hours after making your reservation. Accepted credit cards: VISA, MASTERCARD and AMERICAN EXPRESS.
Your payment will be to Las Terrazas Complex, and your bill will state: Las Terrazas Complex – Moka Hotel. The total charge includes all room charges and taxes, as well as fees for access and booking. Any incidental charges such as parking, phone calls, room service, and others, will be handled directly between you and the property. Your reservation is guaranteed for late arrival.
When booking is cancelled with more than 3 days in advance, discount will be 5 percent of the whole stay.
Once you have paid for your reservation, the following cancellation policy applies, and it is valid for all the months of the year:
• If you cancel the reservation within 72 hours you’re expected the arrival date, we will refund you the total amount that you paid minus an administration fee equivalent to 10% of paid amount, with a minimum of EUR 15.
• If you cancel the reservation 48 hours after your intended arrival date, we will refund you the total amount paid minus the amount of the first night of your intended stay.
• If you do not arrive at the hotel on the date of your expected check-in we will refund you the total amount paid for the reservation minus the amount of the first night of you intended stay for no-show charges.
Refunds must be requested in writing within 60 days after the date of your intended stay at the hotel. Once this period has passed, no refunds will be made.
We will not make refunds to credit cards, other than the credit card that was used for your booking. We may process refunds via wire transfer, in which case we will deduct any bank charges from the refundable amount. We aim to process refund within 72 hours after receiving your refund request and required information. Whilst every effort has been made to ensure accuracy and availability, some errors might still occur. Once aware of such incidents we will make all reasonable effort to advise you within 48 hours from the booking being made. We will reserve the right to cancel the reservation and refund all money paid, but this of course will be without any liability to you.
Children rates will be valid for ages between 2 and 11 years.
• Infants up to 1 year 11 months: free of charge. Cots must be requested directly at the hotel. At some hotels no cots are available, and infants must sleep in the same bed as parent(s).
• Discounts for children will be on the same plan in which the accompanying adults are traveling.
• 1 or 2 children from 2 to 11 years old, sharing room with 2 adults, 25% discount from the price of one pax in a doble room.
• 1 child from 2 to 11 years old sharing room with 1 adult, each one will pay the price of one pax in a doble room.
• 2 children from 2 to 11 years old sharing room with 1 adult, each child will pay 50% of the price of one pax in a doble room and the adult will pay the price of one pax in a doble room.
• 2 children from 2 to 11 years old alone at a room will pay the price of one pax in a single room.
• Children 12 years and older must always be booked as adults.
You agree to be bound by the following obligations:
• You warrant that all the information you provide to us is true and accurate. Giving incorrect information can delay the transaction, so make sure these are true and accurate.
• In order to make a reservation and purchase you must be over 18 years old, be purchasing for yourself and have the legal capacity to make the transaction.
• You accept financial responsibility for all transactions made under your name or account.
• You are advised to check with the relevant destination, embassy, or tourist office to confirm that the guidance is up to date. In particular with respect to passports and visas requirements for your travel to Cuba.
• If you are a citizen of the United States of America you are responsible for obtaining the relevant travel documentation required by the Government of the United States of America for travels to Cuba.
• The site and any content may not be modified, copied, transmitted, distributed, sold, displayed, licensed, or reproduced in any way by you, except if you wish to make copies of the website exclusively for your own personal and non-commercial use.
On other side Las Terrazas Complex:
• Las Terrazas Complex will not be responsible or liable in any way if you have not obtained the relevant documents required for your travel.
• Las Terrazas Complex will not be liable for any penalties or claims by the Treasury Department of the United States of America as a consequence of your traveling to Cuba.
• The prices and the information shown on this Site are updated periodically, therefore, some variations might appear.
• Before confirming the reservation, the availability is checked, and the confirmation is sent to you in 24 hours, and no charge will be made to your credit card until this confirmation is made.
• We reserve the right to cancel the reservation after issued if payment is declined or incorrect cardholder details and billing information have been supplied.
• We do not accept any liability for any failure to complete any transaction.
• We do not warrant that the Site is free from computer viruses or other properties that may cause loss or damage to you.
No contract will exist between you and Las Terrazas Complex for the sale. Las Terrazas Complex accepts your reservation by email confirming your reservation and issuing you a unique confirmation code, which is exclusive for your reservation, which will be deemed complete and will be deemed to be effectively communicated to you at the time that Las Terrazas Complex sends the email to you whether or not you receive the email.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Las Terrazas Complex makes every effort to ensure that the information you exchange with us on-line, including personal information and credit card details, is treated as securely as possible to protect information sent between your browser and our systems.
ACCURACY OF INFORMATION
Las Terrazas Complex has taken reasonable care to ensure that the content of the website and the informations provided are as accurate as possible and we publish such information in BONA FIDE. No warranties or promises are given as to the accuracy of any of the information contained on this Site. You use this Site at your own risk. All general information provided on this Site is provided for guidance purposes only and is subject to change any time. You can check with Las Terrazas Complex, or with a touristic office. The website contains links to websites operated by parts other than Las Terrazas Complex. These are included for your reference and convenience only. Las Terrazas Complex does not respond for these contents.
RESTRICTION OF LIABILITY
In no event shall Las Terrazas Complex be liable for the inability to use this website, or for any information, products, or services obtained through this website or any of its links.
You communicate with Las Terrazas Complex electronically whenever you visit our website or send emails to us, and may receive communications from Las Terrazas Complex electronically. All the informations, agreements and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirements that communications be in writing.
You are fully responsible for the content sent to the website of your comments about the products or services which are offered and, in no case you can post or transmit to or from this website any defamatory information, with pornographic or other content which violate the rights of publicity and/or privacy or that would violate any law; as well as any material that infringes any copyright, trademark, patent right or other proprietary right, being liable for any damages resulting from these restrictions. You acknowledge that Las Terrazas Complex may exercise its rights to any content you submit without notice to you.
AREA OF JURISDICTION – GOVERNING LAW
These terms and conditions are subject to the Laws of Cuba and to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Cuba.
PERFORMANCE SUBJECT TO EXISTING LAWS
Las Terrazas Complex performance of this agreement is subject to existing laws. Nothing contained in this agreement is in derogation of Las Terrazas Complex right to comply with law enforcement requests or requirements related to your use of this website or information provided to or gathered by Las Terrazas Complex with respect to your use of this website.
If any provision of this agreement is determined to be invalid or unenforceable pursuant to applicable law by any court of competent jurisdiction, the other provisions of this agreement will remain in full force and effect. Any provision of this agreement held to be invalid or unenforceable, including but not limited to the warranty disclaimers and liability limitations set forth above, will be deemed superseded by a valid, enforceable provision that most closely matches the intent of the original prevision.
If as a consequence of Force Majeure, Las Terrazas Complex is obliged to curtail, alter or cancel a booking and/or any services agreed, the client shall not be entitled to claim compensation for any loss arising as a consequence of the said curtailment, alteration or cancellation. The term “Force Majeure” includes but is not limited to acts of God, natural disaster, fire and any other destruction of any accommodation booked, riots, acts of civil or international war, natural disasters, fires, exercise of municipal, legislative, military or other authority, strikes, industrial action, or any other reason beyond the control of Las Terrazas Complex.
AMENDEMENT TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Las Terrazas Complex reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions at any time.
These Terms and Conditions contain the entire agreement between Las Terrazas Complex and the Client and supersedes any prior understandings or agreements (whether oral or written) regarding the subject matter and may not be amended or modified unless expressly agreed by Las Terrazas Complex in writing.
You agree to defend and indemnify Las Terrazas Complex and any of their officers, directors, employees and agents, from and against any claims, causes of action, demands, recoveries, losses, damages, fines, penalties or other costs or expenses of any kind or nature including but not limited to reasonable legal and accounting fees, brought by third parties as a result of your breach of this Agreement or the documents referenced herein; your violation of any law or the rights of a third party; or your use of this Website.
The information published on the website may include errors and changes are periodically added to the information set forth on it. All such information is provided as is without warranty of any kind, therefore, Las Terrazas Complex hereby disclaim all warranties and conditions with regard to this information, including all implied warranties and conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement.
In no event shall Las Terrazas Complex be liable for any direct, indirect, punitive, incidental, special or consequential damages arising out of or in any way connected with the use of this website or with the delay or inability to use this website, or for any inform.